Your iPhone is misplaced or Has it been lost? Has it been stolen? Whatever the problem, Find My iPhone will help you to find it.
Your options include using Apple’s Find My app (previously known as Find My iPhone), an Apple Watch, iCloud, or a family member’s iPhone or iPad to locate your missing device.
How To Enable the ‘Find My’ App
On an iPhone with iOS 13 or higher, you use the Find My app, a combination of the Find My iPhone and Find My Friends apps.
Go to Settings > [Your name] > Find My > Find My iPhone and make sure Find My iPhone and Send Last Location are both turned on.
The Find My app comes with the added bonus of tracking your device’s location even if it’s offline. If you want this capability, make sure to turn on the switch next to Enable Offline Finding.
How to use
There is also the Find My iPhone app that you can use to locate a lost iPhone. Here is how the app works.
- Open the Find My iPhone app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Alternatively, you can use the Apple device of one of your members in the Family Sharing group or any other Apple device.
- Use your iCloud ID to log in.
- Once you have logged in, click the All Devices option present at the top of the screen. You should be able to see the devices linked to your iCloud ID.
- Tap on the device that you want to track. It will show you the current location of your device on the map or will show the last identified location before the device was turned off.
- Once you’ve selected a device, you will be shown the options Play Sound, Directions, Notifications, Mark As Lost, and Erase This Device at the bottom.
- Select the option that suits your requirements.
Using Find my iPhone on the Web
- Open any web browser and launch iCloud.com.
- Enter your credentials to log into your iCloud account.
- In the main menu, click on the Find iPhone option.
- You might be required to sign in using your Apple ID and password. Do so if prompted.
- Click on the All Devices option at the top to see the list of devices associated with your account.
- Click on the device that you wish to track.